Food and wine enthusiasts will gather in host destination Lake Charles, Louisiana, for the highly anticipated Louisiana Food and Wine Festival next month. Taking place September 14 to 17, this inaugural four-day event will showcase the best of Louisiana’s culinary offerings and local flavors. Set against one of the most picturesque areas in the region that’s nicknamed “Louisiana’s Playground,” the festival will take place at the downtown lakefront area.
The festival will feature an impressive lineup of renowned Southern chefs, including James Beard-nominated celebrity chef and restaurant owner Tiffany Derry, a Texas native who’s made appearances on shows such as “MasterChef,” “Top Chef” and “The Great American Recipe.” There will also be winemakers, food experts, artisans and more, and attendees can partake in master classes, indulge in a wide array of delectable dishes, and sample beverages from the region. Additionally, there will be live music and a marketplace where visitors can purchase local products and crafts, further immersing themselves in Louisiana’s cultural heritage.
Ticketed events are as follows:
- Louisiana’s Celebrity Chefs Wine Dinner
- September 14
- This six-course dinner will feature some of the state’s most celebrated chefs, including local legend Chef Amanda Cusey, named Louisiana Seafood Queen last year.
- Louisiana-Inspired Master Classes
- September 15
- These intimate and interactive experiences will offer tasting bites paired with a signature beverage. Classes vary from Creole cooking to mixology to touring Bayou Rum Distillery and more.
- Fire on the Lake
- September 15
- Pitmasters, grill masters, BBQ masters … you name it, they’ll be at Fire on the Lake and serving Louisiana’s best roasted, smoked and grilled dishes. Attendees will receive a souvenir glass and unlimited food and drink tastings for this event.
- Louisiana Food & Wine Festival Grand Tasting
- September 16
- Demonstrations, live music, Best Taste Awards, artisan booths, and hundreds of food and beverage tastings will come together for the largest event of the festival. Tickets are all-inclusive for tastings, and guests will receive a souvenir glass.
- Sunday Jazz Brunch
- September 17
- The all-inclusive tickets for brunch allow for unlimited beverage tastings and lavish food stations. Sushi, Louisiana seafood, salad, made-to-order omelet and carving stations, even a Bloody Mary bar will provide attendees with a drool-worthy end to the festival.
In addition to the lakefront happenings, festival-goers are sure to enjoy exploring the lively atmosphere of Lake Charles, an area known for its expansive outdoor offerings, thriving music and arts scene, and gaming resorts. From enjoying live music performances to shelling or birding along the Creole Nature Trail (and definitely spotting a gator or two!), there are plenty of activities to complement the culinary delights. Lake Charles has put together a suggested itinerary for the weekend, which can be viewed HERE.
The Louisiana Food and Wine Festival is a must-attend event for anyone who’s passionate about food and libations. Whether you’re a seasoned foodie, a wine connoisseur, or simply eager to explore the vibrant food culture of Louisiana, this festival promises an unforgettable experience in an unforgettable destination. For more information and to stay updated on the festival’s schedule and culinary lineup, or to purchase tickets, visit https://louisianafoodandwinefestival.com/. To further explore everything there is to do in Lake Charles, head to https://www.visitlakecharles.org/.
Can’t make it to the festival this year? Not to worry! Lake Charles will be hosting the Food and Wine Festival annually, and the destination looks forward to growing the event and welcoming guests for years to come. Plan ahead for 2024 and beyond!