Looking for a last minute Father’s Day gift? Consider this.
Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and #1 New York Times bestselling author Sammy Hagar recently released his first cocktail book – and it’s everything needed for a home bar. Sammy knows that some of life’s greatest memories are made over cocktails, and “Sammy Hagar’s Cocktail Hits: 85 Personal Favorites from the Red Rocker” chronicles Sammy’s storied life with drinks inspired by that journey – from the laidback beaches of Cabo and Hawaii to the dazzle of Hollywood and Las Vegas. Priced at $29.99 for hardcover and $19.99 on Kindle, this book covers everything from tools of the trade and glassware to bases and purees. And it has a forward written by Guy Fieri. For recipes from the book, see below.
The cocktails are made with Sammy’s award-winning spirits, Santo Tequila Reposado, Santo Tequila Blanco, Santo Mezquila and Beach Bar Rum, which are available for purchase on each website or at local retailers – you can check each site for more info about where to buy each spirit.
Sammy’s Beach Bar Cocktail Co.
Hagar, who is not only a legendary rocker but also a spirits entrepreneur also has introduced Sammy’s Beach Bar Cocktail Co. with a line of ready-to-drink (RTD) top-shelf sparkling rum cocktails in a can.
Hagar’s award-winning Puerto Rico-made Beach Bar Rum steeps island flavor into the cocktails, which come in four playful twists on classic flavors: Tangerine Dream, Pineapple Splash, Island Pop and Cherry Kola Chill. Made with all-natural ingredients and sweetened with agave, each flavor is under 130 calories and five grams of sugar per can.
The four flavor profiles with Sammy’s descriptions are:
- Tangerine Dream – A refreshing blend of tangerine and vanilla cream; the classic Creamsicle.
- “There’s nothing better than a Creamsicle.”
- Pineapple Splash – The slight sweetness of pineapple, followed by the kick of jalapeño.
- “I like it sweet, with some Jalapeño heat!”
- Island Pop – The fruity flavors of cherry, pineapple, and citrus, pack a Hawaiian punch.
- “That classic Hawaiian style punch!”
- Cherry Kola Chill – That classic soda fountain flavor of cherry cola with a hint of spice.
- “My take on that classic Cherry Cola vibe.”
A celebration of beach life, Sammy’s Beach Bar Cocktail Co. supports charities behind beach and ocean clean-up initiatives.
Sammy Hagar LIVE: Check Sammy’s tour dates here – if your dad’s a mega fan you can give him tickets to any one of shows, all held in outdoor amphitheaters through the end of summer, and you can even ship him a four-pack of top-shelf sparking rum cocktails to take with him in a cooler.
Buy online at http://sbbcco.com/ and at major retailers, grocers, big box stores, restaurants and bars in California, Nevada and Texas now; Florida in June; and additional states coming soon.
Santo Sunrise (featuring Santo Mezquila)
- 1½ ounces Santo Mezquila
- 4 ounces fresh orange juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Splash of Blue Curacao
- Garnish: Half wheel orange slice
In a tall glass filled with ice, add the mezquila, orange juice, grenadine, and Blue Curaçao. Stir well and garnish with a fresh halved orange wheel.
Guava Martini (featuring Santo Blanco Tequila)
- 1½ ounces Santo Blanco Tequila
- 1 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 1 ounce guava juice
- Garnish: Fresh lime wheel, dusted in Tajín
In a cocktail shaker, fill with ice and add the tequila, pineapple juice, and guava juice. Shake well and strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass. Garnish with a fresh lime wheel dusted in Tajín.
Kir Royale (featuring Sammy’s Red Head Rum)
- 1 ounce Sammy’s Red Head Rum, divided
- 4 ounces chilled champagne
- Garnish: Fresh lemon twist
Add half the rum to a chilled champagne flute. Slowly add the chilled champagne until ½-inch from the top. Top with the remaining rum. Garnish with a fresh lemon twist.
Da Kari (featuring Sammy’s Beach Bar Platinum Rum)
- 1 large piece fresh pineapple, rind removed
- 2 ounces Sammy’s Beach Bar Platinum Rum
- ½ fresh lime, squeezed
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- Rim: Lime and cane sugar
- Garnish: Fresh lime wedge
Run a fresh lime wedge around the rim of a chilled martini glass. Then roll the moistened rim in cane sugar and set the glass aside. In a cocktail shaker, add the pineapple. Using a muddler, gently (yet firmly) muddle the pineapple. Then add the rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into the prepared martini glass. Garnish with a fresh lime wedge.
- Sold in four-packs
- 12 oz/355 ml
- 5.5% ABV
- A QR code on every can reveals a special video message from Hagar, himself.