Festive Celebrations in Hotel’s Exceptional Event Spaces Include Complimentary Wine Toasts, Spa Experiences, Suite Upgrades, and More
The holidays may seem like a long way off, but it’s not too soon to make plans. And W Scottsdale, located in the heart of the city’s booming Entertainment District, offers myriad ways to celebrate the upcoming holiday season. From now through December 2023, the hotel is offering its new Event Holiday Package featuring significant perks and rewards to guests booking the property’s event spaces. Whether planning a family gathering, corporate winter event, or a milestone birthday, W Scottsdale’s team of experts will work with clients in creating festive, holiday cheer and unforgettable experience.
The Event Holiday Package features special perks for bookings that qualify, including:
When booking the Event Holiday Package, guests are rewarded with additional benefits depending on the budget and scale of the event outlined below:
- Double Marriott Bonvoy points
- 15 percent discount Audiovisual services
- 25 percent discount at award-winning AWAY Spa
- Complimentary sparkling wine or holiday signature cocktail
- Waived meeting room rental
- $5,000-$7,499, choose 1 benefit
- $7,500-$9,999, choose 2 benefits
- $10,000 or more, choose 3 benefits
- 20,000 signing bonus
- 50-minute spa treatment gift certificate
- Complimentary suite upgrade
- Complimentary uplighting package
- Festive red carpet and step and repeat
- Gift certificate for raffle prizing
- Life size lawn game
With impeccable service and tailored offerings, W Scottsdale remains dedicated to ensuring that each event is a resounding success. W Scottsdale’s event specialists work closely with guests to help build a luxury itinerary that best matches their interests and curate a personalized event that exceeds expectations. The hotel’s innovative meeting venues and event spaces come equipped with the latest technology, adaptable conference equipment and space for up to 500 delegates. The state-of-the-art meeting rooms and conference facilities provide the perfect setting for memorable corporate functions that are enhanced with specialized business packages, dedicated event coordinators, and delectable catering options. Whether it’s a small soiree or a winter extravaganza, the flexible event spaces and experiences can be tailored to suit any specific needs.
In addition to the memorable events, there is an array of exciting sights and activities to explore in the area. With its central location, the hotel offers easy access to vibrant nightlife and exciting sporting events. Other facilities include Cottontail Lounge which offers a next-level mixology experience and expansive views of the desert sky, the outdoor WET Deck pool area that hosts Vegas-style pool parties with private cabanas, in-house Japanese Steakhouse Donabe and a 24-hour fitness center. For the ultimate revitalization experience, AWAY Spa, W Scottsdale’s full-service spa and salon, offers guests a go-to place for glamour, providing a variety of customized treatments ranging from traditional deep tissue massages to makeup and hair.
The exclusive Event Holiday Package provides additional value and experiences to make every celebration shine bright this season. For reservations or inquiries, please call Emily Gaines at402.253.5619 or contact Emily.Gaines@marriott.com.
About W Scottsdale
W Scottsdale marks the debut of W Hotels in Arizona. This Southwest oasis, where innovative design mixes with urban sophistication, features 241 guest rooms including 44 lavish suites. A true insider escape, W Scottsdale boasts W Hotels The Store and offers three chic destination bars – Living Room Lounge, Cottontail Lounge and Wet Deck. Located in downtown Scottsdale, W Scottsdale provides guests access to discover the city’s high-profile shopping, innovative restaurants, eclectic arts district and vibrant nightlife. Signature services and amenities include the Whatever/Whenever® concierge service, Wheels® valet, FIT® fitness center, WET®, WIRED Business Center and P.A.W. – Pets Are Welcome™.
For more information, visit www.wscottsdalehotel.com or call to schedule a reservation 877 W HOTELS.
Even though St. Patrick’s Day has come and gone, there’s no reason not to celebrate the Irish culture in Chicago
- Head to Beverly, a historic Irish neighborhood with a higher concentration of Irish bars here than anywhere else in the city as well as the multi-disciplinary Beverly Arts Center.
- Head to the city’s Northwest side, where the Irish American Heritage Center is a nonprofit organization that offers year-round cultural programming incorporating music and theater, literature, and language. (You may recognize it as the place which taught Conan O’Brien Irish step-dancing back in 2012.)
- Keep an eye out for the grand opening of Guinness’s second U.S. taproom and brewery, which is slated to open later this year in the West Loop neighborhood.
April: EXPO Chicago Opens at Navy Pier
EXPO Chicago, the Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art, celebrates its10th anniversary edition by opening this year at Navy Pier, from April 13-16. This year the fair features more than 170 international exhibitors from 36 countries and 90 cities, fostering an environment for creative discovery paired with a week of citywide collaborations with museums, galleries, and the City of Chicago.
- Prominent Chicago galleries exhibiting include Corbett vs. Dempsey, Stephen Daiter Gallery, McCormick Gallery and more, as well as galleries from major domestic cities (such as New York, Los Angeles and Houston) and international cities (such as London, Madrid and Cape Town). The full list can be accessed here.
- In the lead up to the centerpiece fair, the city will also host an EXPO ART WEEK (from April 10-16), offering a series of aligned programming including museum exhibitions and gallery openings for locals and visitors alike.
- Those in town for the art fair shouldn’t miss the opportunity to stop by the Art Institute of Chicago to check out the Salvador Dalí exhibition (the first devoted to the Spanish Surrealist at the museum) and Fresh Up, an exhibit on the intersection on Blackness and womanhood from multidisciplinary artist Gio Swaby.
- Also, check out programming at local hotels. For example, The Peninsula Chicago will be presenting Neo Chicago, featuring highlights from the Beth Rudin DeWoody Collection. The installation debuts on April 14 and will be displayed throughout the hotel’s public space through May 2023, as a part of the latest iteration of Art in Resonance, The Peninsula Hotels’ global contemporary art program dedicated to being an originator of culture through its engagement with artists who push the boundaries of their mediums, in works that engage the senses.
May: Celebrate Chicago’s Newest National Park with Railroad Days at Pullman
In December 2022, President Biden signed a designation declaring Chicago’s Pullman District (which was first designated a National Monument under President Obama in 2015) now a National Historic Park!
- The Pullman Company played a transformative role in American train travel as well as a pivotal role in the U.S. labor movement due to the Pullman Strike of 1894.
- From May 20-21, the district is celebrating the second annual Pullman Railroad Days where, in partnership with Metra, and the American Association of Private Railroad Car Owners, visitors will be able to explore historic Pullman rail cars from different eras at the 111th Street/Pullman Metra Electric station.
- Included are the 1923 New York Central 3, the 1950 Royal Street Observation car, and the 1950 Blue Ridge Club.
- The weekend-long event is a mix of free events and single-ticket entry access to some sites.